Introduction to Handmade Eyewear August 13, 2022 Class
Join us for our Introduction to Handmade Eyewear class: This 8-hour class will be open to all skill levels and we will cover the steps to handcraft a pair of eyeglass frames from acetate. Over the course of the class, you will learn:
- aspects of frame construction
- how to set laminated (sink-in) hinges
- how to achieve a near seamless join between temple and front
- sanding, filing and polishing techniques
- Working with acetate materials
- vendors to source materials
Each student will finish a handmade frame to take home and use as a reference when practicing to perfect their craft.
What else you get:
- Breakfast and lunch. All meals will be catered and we're happy accommodate anyone's specific dietary needs.
- Materials provided. A take home toolbox will be provided with all of the hand tools, tips, guides, vendors, and websites to source materials.
- Technical support. Each student will get one hour of post class technical support to ask follow up questions, get one-on-one support, etc.
Limited to 10 students.
Class fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is officially cancelled by the host.
6710 Oxon Hill Road, Ste 210
National Harbor, MD 20745
10 minutes from Washington, D.C. Directly across from the MGM Casino.
We reserve the right to cancel due to emergency or an unexpected circumstance that’s out of our control. While we are fully committed to hosting every workshop listed on this site, in the unfortunate event that a workshop is cancelled your workshop fee will be fully refunded via the original method of payment.