- Introduction to Handmade Eyewear
- Eyewear Design Basics
- Advanced Eyewear Production*
The Introduction to Handmade Eyewear and the Advanced Eyewear Production classes are a hands-on course at our facility in National Harbor, Maryland. The Eyewear Design Basics class is a virtual course that you can take in the comfort of your own home. Our first class will be Introduction to Handmade Eyewear on August 13, 2022. Classes are limited to 10 seats.
* You must take Introduction to Handmade Eyewear in order to sign up for Advanced Eyewear Production.
Join us for our Introduction to Handmade Eyewear class: This 8-hour class will be open to all skill levels and we will cover the steps to handcraft a pair of eyeglass frames from acetate. Over the course of the class, you will learn:
- aspects of frame construction
- how to set laminated (sink-in) hinges
- how to achieve a near seamless join between temple and front
- sanding, filing and polishing techniques
- Breakfast and lunch. All meals will be catered and we're happy accommodate anyone's specific dietary needs.
- Materials provided. A take home toolbox will be provided with all of the hand tools, tips, guides, vendors, and websites to source materials.
- Technical support. Each student will get one hour of post class technical support to ask follow up questions, get one-on-one support, etc.
Limited to 10 students.
Class fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is officially cancelled by the host.
6710 Oxon Hill Road, Ste 210
National Harbor, MD 20745
10 minutes from Washington, D.C. Directly across from the MGM Casino.
We reserve the right to cancel due to emergency or an unexpected circumstance that’s out of our control. While we are fully committed to hosting every workshop listed on this site, in the unfortunate event that a workshop is cancelled your workshop fee will be fully refunded via the original method of payment.